During the Week of the Young Child we featured a range of new publications, reports and webinars:
Week of the Young Child: April 19-25 is the 39th annual Week of the Young Child (WOYC), a time to focus on what young children and their families need to succeed. Post contributed by Judy Langford, Senior Fellow and manager of the Strengthening Families Initiative.
State Policies to Improve Access to High Quality Child Care: CLASP issued a report called "Providing Information on Infant/Toddler Care: Charting Progress for Babies in Child Care, Research-Based Rationale".
How Policymakers Can Use the Stimulus to Support Young Immigrant Children: In another new report by CLASP called "Ten Policies to Improve Access to Quality Child Care for Children in Immigrant Families".
The Stimulus and Young Children: Zero to Three has a series of extremely useful tools to assist policymakers in using Stimulus funding to support young children: 1) Early Care and Education Provisions of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act; 2) Infants and Toddlers in the American Recovery Act: Planning Tools and Resources for States; and 3) An Interactive Tool.
Successful PreK Initiatives: The National Association of State Boards of Education documents successful PreK efforts nationwide in "Promoting Quality in PreK-Grade 3 Classrooms".
Education and Young Hispanic Children: The Society for Research in Child Development (SRCD) has issued a new report called "Young Hispanic Children: Boosting Opportunities for Learning".
Preschool Cost Estimator for States: The Preschool Cost Estimator is a user-friendly tool to assess the cost of phasing in access to preschool.
Infants and Toddlers: Budget Choices and Stimulus Options : An audiocast by the Urban Institute is now available: "Infants and Toddlers in State and Federal Budgets: Yesterday's Choices, Today's Decisions, and Tomorrow's Options".
Webinar on How States Can Support an Early Childhood System: On May 6th, Chapin Hall and the Urban Institute are co-hosting "Building Blocks For Kids: Creating Intervention Systems That Support Young Children's Healthy Development".
The Price Tag for PreK-3rd Initiatives: A new policy brief from the Foundation for Child Development, "PreK-3rd: What is the Price Tag?", offers a framework for estimating the costs of PreK-3rd that describes the core elements and the steps to cost out each element based on district needs.
New Report: Investing in Pre-K Pays Large Dividends: And from Anna Lovejoy, consultant and former Program Director for Early Childhood, National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, a post about the new Brookings report that looks at the Perry Preschool program and the Abecedarian Project, and predicts significant long-term benefits from public investments in high quality early care and education.
For policies to support early academic success and family economic success, as well as strategies to use the ARRA to support young children and their families.
- Family Economic Success (147)
- Child Well-being (123)
- Poverty (97)
- Early Care and Education (89)
- State Budgets (71)
- Data (70)
- Child Welfare (62)
- Federal Budget (60)
- Results (55)
- Education (53)
- Stimulus (48)
- Foster Care (47)
- Racial Equity (47)
- Policymakers (43)
- Juvenile Detention (41)
- Job Training (30)
- Ensuring Children are Healthy and Prepared to Succeed in School (28)
- Food Stamps (27)
- Healthy Children (25)
- Home Foreclosures (15)
- Medicaid (15)
- Partnerships (11)
- Low-income (10)
- Affordable Housing (8)
- SNAP (8)
- Affordable Care Act (6)
- Guest Blogger (6)
- Improve Early Grade-Level Reading (6)
- Reintegration of Ex-Offenders (6)
- Courts (5)
- Home Visiting (5)
- Sequester (5)
- mental health (4)
- Census (3)
- EITC (3)
- Health Equity (3)
- Higher Education (3)
- Income inequality (3)
- TANF (3)
- Transitioning Youth (3)
- Video (3)
- health insurance (3)
- juvenile justice (3)
- Collaboration (2)
- Disparities in Health Care (2)
- Minimum wage (2)
- Teen Pregnancy (2)
- immigration (2)
- place-based initiatives (2)
- who pays (2)
- Arizona v. United States (1)
- Black male education (1)
- Black men going to college (1)
- Buffett Rule (1)
- Child Tax Credit (1)
- Criminal Justice (1)
- DMC (1)
- Introduction to Website (1)
- Mexican migration (1)
- Minority Health Month (1)
- NIH Minority Health Promotion Day (1)
- Navigator Program (1)
- Promise Neighborhoods (1)
- SOTU (1)
- Strengthening Families (1)
- Substance Abuse (1)
- Success Stories (1)
- asset tests (1)
- benefits of immigrant integration (1)
- http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif (1)
- immigrant demographic (1)
- just tax (1)
- progressive tax (1)
- regressive tax (1)
- social security (1)
- solitary confinement (1)
- tax policy (1)
- tax returns (1)
- unemployment insurance (1)
- welcome (1)
- ► 2013 (39)
- ► 2012 (46)
- ► 2011 (76)
- ► 2010 (135)
- Tracking the Stimulus Money
- New on PolicyForResults.org: State Policies to Red...
- Poverty and Immigrant Families
- Webcast on Federal Activities to Reduce Poverty
- NGA's ARRA Implementation Guide
- Questions about the Stimulus Process Answered
- North Carolina uses Stimulus Funding for Innovativ...
- Webcast for State Policymakers on Implementing the...
- Recapping the Week of the Young Child
- The Price Tag for PreK-3rd Initiatives
- New Report: Investing in Pre-K Pays Large Dividend...
- Webinar on How States Can Support an Early Childho...
- Infants and Toddlers: Budget Choices and Stimulus ...
- Preschool Cost Estimator for States
- Education and Young Hispanic Children
- Successful PreK Initiatives
- The Stimulus and Young Children
- How Policymakers Can Use the Stimulus to Support Y...
- State Policies to Improve Access to High Quality C...
- Week of the Young Child
- Minnesota Uses Stimulus Funding to Help the Jobles...
- Webcast on Green Jobs and Low-Wage Workers
- Kansas Takes on Racial Disproportionality in Child...
- Policies to Reduce Poverty Need to be Specifically...
- New Report on Suicide in Juvenile Justice Faciliti...
- New Jersey Uses Stimulus Funding to Support Pre-Sc...
- Stimulus and Education
- Using Results to Guide State Budget Decisions
- Prevent Child Abuse through Strengthening Families...
- State Stimulus Activities
- 2008 Preschool Report Released
- States are using Stimulus Funding for Summer Jobs ...
- New Report on Child Poverty
- Webcast on Court Involved Children
- How States Can Take Advantage of the New Medicaid ...
- Stimulus and Improving Racial Equity
- Webcast on the Task Force on Middle Class Working ...
- Preparing the Workforce for 21st Century Jobs
- Supporting Low-Income Parents of Young Children
- Poverty and Early Brain Development
- The Stimulus and Race Equity
- How Does Your State Rank in Child Well-being?
- Using Stimulus Funding for Foster Care
- Federal Budget News and Opportunities to Support Y...
- South Carolina Becomes Last State to Certify
- Stimulus Funding for P-12 Education
- States Accepting and Rejecting Stimulus Funding
- New Approach to State Budgets
- ▼ April (48)